Do You Need Collagen Boosting Cream For Your Wrinkles?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body as well as the vast majority of mammals. In total, it makes up around 25 to 35 percent of the protein in your entire body. It is essential for connective tissues like skin, tendons and muscles, hence the reason it is so common in the entire body. It also serves the following essential functions for your skin:
- Provides a basis for strength and stability of the skin, contributing to its elasticity. Without it, skin would be hard and brittle without any strength or durability.
- It helps improve the skin’s ability to absorb and retain moisture. It is a very absorbent and can retain water as well as other nutrients very effectively.
- Tough and provides the skin with some added protection against sunlight and heat similar to melanin. Without it, damage from UV rays would be much worse.
- It helps repair skin and keep it nourished. The protein is very available and versatile in the process of rebuilding damaged skin cells.
Aside from the obvious benefit of collagen, what exactly is it? The short answer is it’s a protein that is used in connective tissue of your skin. The long answer is a bit more complex. It’s a triple helix structured molecule that is extremely stable and durable, even more so than steel. It has enough tensile strength that it is just about everywhere in the body such as bones, skin, nails and ligaments. Just about everything that holds you together is made up of it.
The amino acids glycine and proline are the primary building blocks of this essential protein in the body. The triple helix is formed after the addition of more hydroxyl groups into the formula. This makes it incredibly strong and a perfect building block for many parts of the body!
As far as creams are concerned, some of the most amazing results in terms of skin improvement come from people who utilize ingredients that respect and adhere to the strict importance of it.
What Does Collagen Need to Thrive in Your Skin?
It relies on the bioavailability of some pretty important ingredients you might be able to find in foods, supplements and creams that you can get online or over the counter. Many of these treatments are missing essential elements that you might need to get the most this element possible. I’d recommend making sure any cream or supplement you use has the following to make sure it helps as much as possible.
- Vitamin C. This is an essential cofactor for the chemical reaction that creates collagen on a regular basis within your body. Without it, your body does not produce nearly enough of it. Products like VitaCream have a lot of vitamin C in them.
- Vitamin E. This has been shown to work powerfully in conjunction with vitamin C for many of the most important skin functions, particularly collagen synthesis.
- This is a very important aid to collagen. It is an animal form of vitamin A that has been proven extremely important in helping your body produce more of it than it would normally, making it extremely vital.
- This is something that helps maintain better production by eliminating the presence of free radicals, which have been shown to shut down its production or in the very least slow it down.
Top 8 Effective Collagen Creams and Supplements on the Market
This is an extremely powerful enhancing cream. The main ingredient is a whole lot of vitamin C combined with moisturizers and antioxidants. The end result is your skin is able to produce a heck of a lot more collagen than it normally might.
Doctor Temt Collagen Cream
This is a very effective cream that improves bioavailability through the presence of AHA, which is a very powerful antioxidant. It helps dramatically improve collagen synthesis.
BeautiControl Regeneration Overnight Retinol Recovery Serum
This particular supplement is rich in Retinol, which is a very powerful antioxidant. It has been proven to aid in the production of collagen not just in the skin but in a lot of areas throughout the body. It is meant to be used overnight after washing and moisturizing for best results.
DHC Renewing AHA Cream
A very popular cream for regular use after washing, this has received some amazing reviews online and recommendations from some pretty reputable websites all over. It has a lot of AHA which is very important for production.
Mary Kay TimeWise Even Complexion Essence
This is a powerful skin supplement for the purpose of enhancing vitamin E availability. You apply regularly and it works in conjunction with Vitamin C to help improve the availability of collagen. It is a very natural supplement that does not have many bad reactions from those who use it.
ReserveAge Organics Resveratrol Cellular Age-Defying Tonic
This is a particularly effective anti-aging cream that helps with collagen synthesis quite a bit. The reviews online are particularly shocking and make you wonder if you really do have to look your age! Seriously, though, you can’t get a better source of resveratrol just about anywhere.
Replenix Purifying Antioxidant Foaming Cleanser
This particular skin care product has a tremendous amount of antioxidants, the most effective of which is soy isoflavones extract. This has been a proven benefit to the production of collagen in skin and has some tremendous reviews online.
Doctor Brandt Lineless Vitamin C Serum
A powerful anti-aging supplement, this particular one is super rich in vitamin C. What a coincidence, that’s one of the most important elements for collagen synthesis and is actually an essential part of the chemical reaction! We highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a cream to get healthier, younger looking and more vibrant skin.