Supplements for Skin Treatment Is It Necessary?
The skin is the largest and perhaps one of the most important organs in the entire body. It defends your body from infection, helps retain heat and gives you a tremendous amount of support for bones, organs and muscles. If you don’t maintain it, you are not maintaining your overall health and wellbeing. This makes things like supplements and diet a much more important factor for your overall health and wellbeing.
Diet matters. You cannot expect to simply put a few creams on your face every day and wake up looking like a supermodel with 100 percent perfect skin. Instead, understand the realistic and sometimes tough truth – that you will need to have a much broader approach to skin care in order to keep and maintain healthy, beautiful and long lasting body. You can’t just rely on the creams to keep it you want anymore!
So why does diet matter when it comes to taking care of it? Here are some of the most prominent reasons why it is very important:
- Food can be an inflammatory factor. Your skin is working hard to produce all the collagen, oil and other ingredients essential to your daily health. Without the proper amount of antioxidants, it can’t defend itself against things like disease, infection and irritation. Free radicals also can do a lot of damage under these circumstances. Your food and supplements are the number one source you have for this!
- Supplements help nourish areas that your food often lacks. Food often does not contain enough vitamins because of factory farming, artificial ingredients and additives. With supplements, you can make up some of the slack and get a lot more of the ingredients your body desperately needs in order to create a healthier, more vibrant tone.
- Vitamins are also a major factor for skin to rebuild and maintain its healthy, vibrant nature. If you don’t have the proper amount of vitamins in your body, it is very likely that it will not be able to regenerate from certain types of damage such as sunlight, dry, cold weather or excessive heat and chemicals. This is a huge problem.
So what are some of the ingredients you should make sure you have a lot of in your diet to make your body beautiful and healthy? Here’s a quick look at our favorite ingredients to have in your supplement list in order to make it a reality…
- Vitamin D. This is something you can get from sunlight, but it’s bad to rely on the sun for it exclusively as UV rays can cause quite a bit of damage over time. Instead, rely on just plain old vitamin D in the form of supplementation. Most people are deficient in this precious resource and should be supplementing it immediately.
- Vitamin E. This is essential to maintaining collagen flow in the body and keeping a healthy and appropriate amount of oil. It also helps repair damaged cells, keeping the health of your body up to standard at all times and making it shine.
- This is the glue that holds body together, literally. Your body produces these chemicals naturally and it makes your cells tie closely together at all times. Having a proper amount of ceramides keeps the body vibrant and repairs a lot of the damage.
- There are a huge variety of antioxidant-rich foods you can get but supplementation is often the best resource to find what you are lacking in diet. Antioxidant-rich foods include Tumeric, berries, nuts and other natural foods that are high in precious vitamins and antioxidants. Think colorful foods.
- Found in tumeric and other plant based diets, this is a very important ingredient for skin health as it helps increase melanin production while reducing the inflammation in the skin that often results from irritation or other problems. It’s a great overall supplement to be using on your skin.
- Vitamin C. This is the defensive vitamin for your cells. It helps supplement your body’s ability to defend itself and repair itself from damage, allowing your body to look and feel natural, healthy and young while avoiding irritation and redness.
So what are some of our favorite overall supplements to be taking in order to improve your skin health? After reviewing the huge number of supplements available on the market, we came up with a pretty definitive list of supplements we think everyone should be taking just to make sure they are giving their body everything it needs.
Top 5 Skin Care Supplements That You Should Take
It’s too hard to take all different types of vitamins per day. Instead, just grab one or two multivitamins. We suggest the liquid based capsules to increase the absorption rate and allow for a faster acting benefit while taking fewer of the actual pills. This will get you better results.
Ferns are used in SPF grade protection creams for your body for a good reason. They help protect your body against sunlight and other influences that might prevent it from being healthy. Use fern extract to get the exact look and feel your skin needs.
Biotin is a type of B vitamin that has been strongly linked to cell health, collagen production and other very important areas that help improve body quality. It’s especially important if it tends to be brittle and dry. This will help relieve that type of damage.
This is one of the most powerful supplements you can use. It has a tremendously powerful antioxidant effect that can make skin look ten years younger in just a month or two. we recommend using it.
Fish oil actually has a lot of uses, but keeping healthy just happens to be one of our favorites. Oil is a very important lubricant. If you happen to have dry skin or just want to make sure it is maintaining a proper balance, keep some fish oil in your supplement list to make sure that you are having the proper amount.